Sunday, December 16, 2012

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Every where you go... lalalalalala... Especially my house.. although this year I said "Less is more"... I think 4 Christmas trees sort of kicks that thought to the curb.. well, almost.. I used to have every nook and cranny filled with Christmas "stuff"... for the past 2 years I've thinned my supplies way down and only do every other nook.. and no crannies... Each year I host a Candy Marathon .. usually just family.. always lots of fun... Yesterday was such a day.. Candy Marathon Day... I started melting Chocolate at 6:30 AM... I also put on a huge pot of soup because I know after these marathon days I don't feel like cooking.. Smart move on my part.. haha... In the past I've helped mix, roll and dip everyone's candy.. not this year.. I mixed the candy.. and melted the chocolate.. Susie, Michelle,Shelly, Sandy and Cindy were in charge of rolling and dipping their own batches.. to outsiders I'm sure it looked like mad chaos.. to me.. it was heaven.. I love having my family around.. and love these traditions we've begun... I miss Courtney being here to participate but we do our own Mini Candy Marathon at her house now so at least we have that.. and the boys seem to get into the swing of it.. for a bit.. I just know Ellie will love it once she can help... On the list of candy this year we had: Buckeye Balls, Maple Cream, Fantasy Fudge, Peppermint Bark, Saltine Toffee, Chocolate dipped marshmallows, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles, Dipped Oreo Cookies, Dipped Pretzels, Dipped Pretzel Rods, Dipped Nutter Butter Cookies and Cinnamon Pecans. I have to still make Hot Chocolate Mix, pancake mix and some fudge for myself. I'm pretty sure I'll get it taken care of this week.. at least I hope I do.. I've been making some of these candy recipes for over 30 years.. some are new.. I look forward to spending the day with my family every year.. If you don't have traditions with your family maybe this is the year to start a few... I think you'll enjoy them if you do... I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment