Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MyPoints vs Swagbucks...

I've been a member of MyPoints for several years... if I'm shopping online... I'm searching via MyPoints first. I'm also a Swagbucks member.. however, I am not a huge fan... with MyPoints you collect points for searches, shopping, reading email and visiting featured sites then cash the points in for gift cards.. actual gift cards.. I've done this for the past few years and tuck them into my grown kids Christmas stocking... the more I shop the more they get. Swagbucks came to my attention at one of those "crazy coupon classes".. you know the one.. you pay the chicks to teach you how to cut out coupons and then run all over town spending time, energy and money in gas just to save a few bucks... I know, I know.. there are some good deals out there.. you have to search them out and with a little time and effort you really can save.. I'm just not one of the hysterical people that will rush to a grocery store at 5:00 AM to shop for an 1½ hours to check out (most stores won't allow you to get the goods before a certain time) so I can get "free" things to store in a closet because it was something I don't use..but can donate eventually... Oh.. so off topic, aren't I? LOL.. okay, back to swagbucks.. I do search, and have once, ONCE gotten 22 points for searching.. usually it's 3 points.. possibly 10 points and never, EVER more than once a day... I've been a member for over a year and have only collected a little over 1600 points.. mostly for watching videos (3 points after 10 videos) which as far as I can see can't be cashed in yet... and when it can be.. you have to use it online.. which means you pay shipping and handling vs a gift card that is mailed to you from MyPoints .. which you can then take to the actual store .. no shipping/processing cost.. it is literally FREE... gotta love MyPoints. If you're not a member.. give me a shout.. I'll hook you up.. Yes, I do get points if you join.. but that's not the reason I want you to join.. I want you to reap the benefits of FREE.. because FREE is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment