Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tweetsie, Graduations and More
















What a busy weekend.. we went with the Holtslag's, Cindy, Rik and the girls to Tweetsie Railroad to see Thomas the Train... What a fun time! Maddie said she wasn't too impressed with Thomas the Train because "black bits kept getting in my eyes".. but other than that the girls had a blast. Sandy and Joe's friends, Jeri and John as well as their daughter, Kristin and Granddaughter, Elizabeth went too. We stayed at Jeri and John's house. Beautiful is all I can say! I so much appreciate their hospitality... On the way home we stopped in Blowing Rock to do a little window shopping.. there was a Shriner's Parade going on.. I've never seen so many Shriner's in one spot before! What fun!





We made it home and crashed! Sunday we got up and went to Sophia's dedication.. beautiful park, beautiful day, beautiful girls! Sunday afternoon we hosted Shelly's Sr Graduation Picnic for family and a few friends.. Susie worried she wouldnt' have enough food and actually had too much! Oh my goodness... what fun the kids had.. including the little ones! Water .. can I just say water... haha!





Monday was great.. Courtney and the boys spent the morning here .. they were in town for Scott's graduation as well as Shelly's.. Zeke and I toured the barns where he sat on "Paw Paw's big red tractor".. we played ball and drew several school bus'... such a wonderful morning... Finally at 5:30 Shelly's graduation began.. the place was packed.. I never did see Shelly until they called her to come across the stage.. I was as proud of her as if she were my own Grandchild... what a special time for her.. and for us to be included when tickets are in such short supply was great! Afterwards we all met for a late supper.. that was Great too!! Special times and Special people.. "My cup runneth over"...

No comments:

Post a Comment