Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Is it too early to "bribe" the teachers...















hahah.. As I said earlier Maddie started Kindergarten this year. One of the items they've asked parents to send in is hand sanitizer..I know I'm not the parent..but I am a YaYa so of course I want to send supplies in to help the class too.. I thought a good item would be sanitizer.. and not just any sanitizer.. a personalized one for both the teacher and the assistant. To sit on their desk.. for their own use... with hopes of it staying in their classroom.. you know how things have a way of walking off don't you?

I bought the sanitizer on sale for .79¢. Yea for a good deal! I peeled both the front and back labels off, used goo gone to remove the sticky left behind. YUCK ... Goo gone is good.. but I don't like the smell.. or the feel of it.. again, YUCK... I washed the remainder of goo gone off of the bottles and dried them. I didn't have a cricut cartridge with a circle on it so my DIL, Michelle, brought over 2 hole punches. With colorful vinyl as my paper of choice I used the large one as a background for the monogram and the small one to make pink and brown polka dots for decorations. I cut both teacher and assistant's last name initial using my cricut machine and the school house font cartridge *I think that's the name of the cartridge.. I'm too lazy to get up and check * I tied a bow and hot glued it to the front of the bottle once all the dots were in place. Not bad.. not perfect.. I'm thinking, just right for a welcome back to school gift...

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I think I may have to make some of those for my 1st grade teachers... I don't think it's ever too early to brown nose the teachers ; )

    ReplyDelete